Silviculture Magazine is published quarterly and intended to serve as a voice for silviculture professionals across Canada and around the world. It is a medium for individuals and associations to create dialog, present ideas, discuss challenges and successes, to examine the current state of managing and enhancing the health our forests and disseminate this information as the industry continues to evolve.
Individuals are encouraged to submit manuscripts, scientific reports, conference summaries and letters of feedback. Submissions should be original works; not published previously in other journals or on the internet.
- Saved as a word document, named with the title of the article
- All photos, graphs, diagrams etc, must be sent as their own file (pdf, jpg, tiff or eps), high resolution (300 dpi), print-ready format
- Include small author's bio at the end of the document (2-4 sentences) including contact email
- Chicago Manual of Style Author-Date system for citations with a reference list at the end of the document
- Topics can include, but are not limited to: forest restoration and renewal; ecosystem health; bioenergy; carbon forestry; policy and regulations; forest stewardship; First Nations' forestry, research case studies, current issue or event, etc.
- 1100-1400 words in length
- Topics can include, but are not limited to: ecosystem restoration, pest and disease prevention/management, riparian health, biodiversity, fire management, climate change, soil health, etc.
- 700-1000 words
- Topics can include; training, regulations, travel, wildfire, injury prevention, statistics etc.
- 700 words
- Updates from the provinces and territories. Current topic of interest in the region.
- 700 words
Photo submissions must be 300 dpi saved as a jpg, pdf, tiff or eps file
Email submissions to [email protected]